Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
16 oz package tri-color rotini
1/2 c butter
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 c chopped onion
1/4 c chopped red bell pepper
1 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
1/4 c all-purpose flour
14 oz can evaporated milk
8 oz plain greek yogurt
14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
2/3 c panko bread crumbs
- In a 3-quart over-proof casserole dish cook tri-color rotini in salted water according to package directions. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in the same casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Whisk in sugar, ancho chili powder and flour. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Set aside 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Slowly whisk in evaporated milk. Add yogurt and remaining cheese, artichokes, spinach and rotini. Blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/3 cup cheese and panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and topping is nicely browned. Makes 8 servings