Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
12 oz. linguine
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Freshly ground black pepper
2 1/2 c. yellow and red grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 c. white wine
1/2 c. chicken stock
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 c. heavy cream
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
6 c. baby kale
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook linguine until al dente, 8 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add shrimp and cook until bright pink and just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer shrimp to a bowl to let cool.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook until beginning to soften, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add wine and chicken stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, cream, and lemon juice and simmer 2 minutes more until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return pasta and shrimp to skillet and add kale, tossing gently until wilted.
- Garnish with lemon zest and red pepper flakes.