Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 6 mins
Total Time 21 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 2 whole medium zucchini grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 whole eggs lightly beaten,
- 1/9 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place grated zucchini in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes allowing excess moisture to drain off zucchini.
- Squeeze zucchini and place in a clean, dry towel. Squeeze off all excess moisture. Place zucchini in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle flour over zucchini and toss to coat.
- Mix in cheese.
- Add eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in salt and pepper.
- Place heaping scoops of mixture onto a hot, greased skillet. Flatten out scoop to make a flat pancake.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with cilantro lime crema or maple syrup!
To make the crema, take 1/4 cup sour cream and mix in juice from 1/2 lime, zest from 1/2 lime and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro.