Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
3 tablespoons sweet cooking rice wine (mirin)
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons wasabi paste
1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- To make the sauce, bring the mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and wasabi to boil in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat until the flavors are blended and the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the salmon with the salt and the pepper.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over high heat.
- Add the salmon and cook, turning once, until the fish is browned on the outside and opaque in the center, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon.
- Sprinkle with the scallions.
- Serve at once.