1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 small to medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg whites
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt (I used Fage)
1/2 cup mini or regular chocolate chips (I like mini)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and generously spray inside of liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel! This is an important step.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, add mashed banana, oil, honey, vanilla and eggs; mix until smooth. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and yogurt and beat again until well combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Remember not to over mix the batter — we want moist muffins! Gently fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into muffin cups. The batter will probably reach the top of each muffin liner, but that’s okay — we’re making big muffins! Alternatively you can reduce the size and bake 15 muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!-