Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
2 cups minute white rice, uncooked
1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks
2 Tbsps vegetable oil
1 med. green or red pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced (i use fresh)
1 med. onion, cut into chunks
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces.
1 cup sweet and sour sauce
2 tbsps low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Drain pineapple and reserve 2 tbsp of the juice.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Cook chicken in same skillet until chicken is browned and cooked through. Add vegetables back to skillet along with sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce, pineapple chunk, and reserved juice. Heat through and serve with hot cooked rice.