Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 25 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
5 pounds chicken leg quarters
1 cup ketchup
6 tablespoons stone ground mustard
6 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 cup onion, minced
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion. Stir until well mixed.
- Remove the skin and excess fat from the chicken leg quarters.
- Place half of the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker bowl. Pour half of the mixed BBQ sauce over the top. Add the remaining chicken legs and cover completely with the remaining sauce.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 4 hours, or until the meat falls off the bone.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and allow to cool slightly. Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a sauce pan, bring to a slow boil, and cook until reduced by ⅔.
- While the sauce is reducing, use two forks to pull the chicken meat off the bones. Place in a large bowl.
- Once the sauce has reduced, add it to the pulled chicken and toss until the meat is well coated.
- Serve as is, or on your favorite bun or roll.