This Wendy’s Chili recipe is a perfect copycat version for any Wendy’s chili lover. A great dish to curl up with by the fire for dinner.
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef
1 quarttomato juice 1 (29-ounce) …
- can tomato purée 1 (15-ounce)
- can red kidney beans, drained 1 (15-ounce)
- can pinto beans, drained 1
- medium-large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder (use less for milder chili)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (use more for real flavor)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
How to make it :
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain off the fat.
the beefand the remaining ingredients in a 6-quart pot.
- Cover the pot
and letthe chili simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You can also cook this in a slow cooker on low for 3 to 4 hours.