This easy cake ball recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day. You
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 box cake mix and ingredients to make cake (usually water, egg and oil)
- 1 tub frosting of your choice or Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate
- 12 ounces dark baking chocolate
- Valentine sprinkles
- Bake cake according to package directions and cool completely.
- Slice cake into small pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
- Break apart large pieces with a spoon. Add about 3/4 tub of frosting and mix well.
- You may need to use your hands for this. If mixture seems dry and won’t shape into a ball, add more frosting.
- Place wax paper onto a baking sheet or cutting board and clear a space in your refrigerator.
- Shape cake into 1″ balls, using a tablespoon portion scoop is the easiest way, just make sure you roll the balls smooth with the palms of your hand.
- Place onto prepared pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat chocolate by breaking it apart and placing it into a bowl.
- Heat for 2 minutes on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip cake bites into chocolate. I like to place mine upside down and then flip them over to coat them and remove them.
- Place onto another baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle with valentine sprinkles and refrigerate for chocolate to firm up.
- Makes 60-70 cake bites
- These also freeze well.