Chicken Pot Pie makes a perfect, comforting family meal. Get this family favorite chicken pot pie with biscuits recipe.
Total Time: 45 mins
- 2 cups fresh sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 2 cups chicken, leftovers
- 1 (9 ounce) packagethawed frozen corn (frozen works fine too)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Grease a 3 qt casserole dish.
- In lg. saucepan, combine carrots and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or til crisp-tender.
- Heat oven to 400°F In small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups milk& 1/4 cup flour.
- Mix the milk mixture, sage, 1 T marg. and 1/2 t salt into carrot mixture. Bring back to a boil, constantly stirring.
- Boil for approximately 1 min, add chicken and corn.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, mix together the 1 cup flour, onions, baking powder, and 1/4 t salt.
- Once mixed well stir in the 1/2 c milk and 1 T melted or soft marg. until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonful evenly onto chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or till top is golden brown.
- *Note-if not enough biscuits for your liking feel free to double up on the biscuit mix on the top turns out just as well.