A delicious festive take on the classic sausage roll, made instead with turkey mince, cranberry sauce and brie. These mini pastry rolls will make a fantastic appetizer of party snack this Christmas!
- 400g turkey mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g brie
- salt and pepper to taste
- 320g puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- To serve: extra cranberry sauce and chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add the turkey mince, garlic and spring onion to a large bowl. Crumble in the chicken stock cube. Secret ingredient to add lots of flavour. Mix well.
- Add in the brie, roughly torn into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut it into two widthways so that you have two rectangle shaped pieces. Spread the cranberry sauce over each pieces of pastry.
- Divide the turkey mixture into two and spread each piece down the middle of the pastry sheets, leaving a gap of about 1cm either side.
- Roll the pastry over the mixture so that the two edges meet. Press down with a fork to seal it.
- Cut each of the large rolls into 8 small rolls and place on the baking trays. Brush with a little beaten egg and bake in the oven for 25 mins until golden brown.