6 slices bacon
1/4 lb bulk pork sausage
2 cups shredded rutabaga
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Bake or pan fry bacon. Drain and crumble. Brown the sausage in a small skillet. While those are cooking, place shredded rutabaga in a microwavable bowl with 2 tbsp water. Cook on high power in the microwave for 2 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the crumbled bacon, browned sausage, all the cheeses and the shredded rutabaga.
- Coat an 8 inch square casserole dish with bacon grease. Pour in the casserole mixture and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into 6 servings.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Serves 6 472 calories 6 net carbs