1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, carefully pick over the crab and remove any shells.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, dijon, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, egg, pepper and parsley.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the crab and, carefully, fold together being careful not to break up the crab meat too much. Gently fold in the breadcrumbs.
- Form 1/3 cup of the crab mixture into 8 patties and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the crab cakes and cook over medium heat until golden, approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn the crab cakes over with a spatula. Cook until golden brown, crispy and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately with tartar sauce and lemon wedges, if desired.