1 28 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
2-3 cloves garlic
½ cup (packed) fresh Cilantro
2 TBS fresh lime juice
2 TBS honey
Kosher salt and pepper
Cumin to taste*
- Throw all ingredients in your blender, food processor, Vitamix or Ninja and pulse until all ingredients become smooth. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- It’s as simple as that!
- *If you enjoy some heat in your salsa, leave some or all of the seeds and stems in from the jalapenos. If your jalapenos end up not being very spicy, add in a few pinches of cayenne.
- If you enjoy the taste of cumin, add in a couple of pinches (it lends a smokey flavor)
- If you want this salsa sweeter, add more honey. Not sweet, don’t add any honey. It is completely flexible and will work just about any way you make it. \
- Have a tomatillo on hand, roast it and add it in, that would be delicious!
- I don’t enjoy onion in this, however if you do feel free to add in 2-3 TBS chopped red onion.