Potatoes for breakfast is typical for a reason: everyone loves them! These pan-fried breakfast potatoes are the best you’ll ever have.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled, rinsed, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Large pinch of salt
- Large pinch of parsley (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium skillet (cast iron preferred), heat canola oil over medium.
- Add chopped potatoes to the skillet in an even layer. Allow to pan fry in the oil for a handful of minutes, or until the potatoes start to brown. Basically you are going to flip the potatoes around to all sides for as even of a browning as you can get. Allow each side to brown before moving them around. I practice my patience when I do this. Recognize that each potato may cook at different times.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a plate lined with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt, parsley (optional) and cheese (optional).