Cheesecake Factory Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta with asparagus, bell peppers and peas with honey glazed chicken
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce from canned adobo peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound fresh asparagus the thinner the better
- 6 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- cilantro and tortilla chip strips for garnish optional
- Set your water to boil for your pasta.
- Add the asparagus to the pasta water and boil for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Shock it with cold water through a colander.
- Add the pasta to a minute shy of the directions and drain into the same bowl as the asparagus but don’t rinse.
- In a bowl with your chicken add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and let sit as you cook the rest of the dish.
- In a large skillet add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and cook until just translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook an extra minute.
- Remove the vegetables and add in the olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and turn the heat up to medum-high.
- Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Add in the honey and stir, cooking an additional 5 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper mixture back to the pan
- Stir well, then add in the adobo sauce, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes then add in the pasta, asparagus and frozen green peas.
- Stir to coat everything and serve with any garnishes you’d like (Cheesecake Factory uses tortilla strip chips and cilantro).