Cream Cheese Pound Cake makes a delicious, family favorite pound cake recipe. Simple to make, this cream cheese pound cake is perfect for so many occasions.
Total Time: 2 hrs
Yield: 1 10-inch pound cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Use an electric mixer to mix both butter and cream cheese until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat for 5 minutes, then add eggs one at a time, allowing each to incorporate before adding more. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt and add gradually to the mixer, beating until well blended.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan or tube cake pan.
- Place 2 cups water in an ovenproof container on the rack in the oven next to the cake.
- Bake cake at 300 for an hour and 45 minutes, or until a toothpick can be removed cleanly.
- Place pan on a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan and complete cooling on the wire rack.