4-6 Cube Steaks
3 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
1 Small Onion, halved and sliced thin (1/2 a Large)
2 cups Chicken Stock
- Prep Veggies. Put your cube steaks on a plate and season both sides with salt, pepper, Put 2 big spoonfuls of flour on top of the steak and rub in, flip and repeat.
- Pour enough oil into your skillet cover the cooking surface with oil, about 1/4 cup Heat oil on medium high. When oil is nice and hot, test with a pinch of the flour for the steak plate to see if it bubbles & sizzles. If it does then add your steaks to the pan.
- Cook at medium high for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove steak to a clean plate. Remove Pan from burner, discard all oil except about 2 tablespoons.
- Return to heat, add mushrooms and onions and stir to get any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until mushroom and onions start to turn golden, make sure nothing burns.
- Add just shy of 2 table spoon of flour and stir until veggies are coated. Add Chicken stock and stir well.
- Cook on medium high, until it has thickened and the return steaks and flip around in the gravy Cover.simmer on low heat about 45 minutes .