Slow Cooker Steakhouse Cowboy Baked Beans are a hearty mix of ground beef, bacon and three types of beans in a tangy, sweet and slightly spicy sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- ½ lb. thick cut bacon, cut into pieces
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (15oz) cans chili beans (do not drain)
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
- 2/3 cup A.1. Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup HEINZ Ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Discard all but 2 tbsp of the bacon grease and return skillet to stovetop. Brown the ground beef and onion in the remaining bacon grease until no longer pink and onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef mixture, bacon and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or HIGH for 1 to 2 hours. Stir before serving and enjoy.