Dump everything into your crockpot and let it cook low and slow for the most tender, gravy soaked steak bites ever!
Yield: 6 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar, optional
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons cornstarch
8 ounce cremini mushrooms, halved
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beef to the skillet and cook until evenly browned, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Whisk together beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, red wine vinegar and thyme in a 4-qt slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in beef, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water.
- Stir in mixture and mushrooms into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.