Prep Time : 20 mins
Cook Time : 4 hrs
Total Time : 4 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 6 -8
Calories: 243 kcal
Slow cooker Spanish chicken stew is a cozy meal that brings a little Spanish flair to your dinner table, thanks to roasted red peppers, smoked paprika, and a pinch of saffron.
- 1 lb baby potatoes halved (roughly 3.5 cups)
- 8 small chicken thighs 600g/1.3 lbs
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 300 mL jar of roasted red peppers drained and rinsed, cut into small pieces (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 a red onion diced
- 19 oz can of diced tomatoes including liquids, or sub 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- a pinch of saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In the base of a slow cooker combine all ingredients except the balsamic vinegar and peas.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and peas, cover and cook for 5 minutes before serving.