3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup pineapple juice(I used the juice from a small can of pineapples)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1.5 to 2 pounds of chicken breasts, sliced or cubed
2 garlic cloves chopped finely
2-3 cups sliced mushrooms
1 bunch of green onions sliced, some reserved for serving
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus more for serving
jasmine rice for serving
Sriracha hot sauce for serving (if you like it spicy)
- Mix the cornstarch and the 3 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl, until the cornstarch dissolves. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well. Put the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken, garlic, mushrooms, green onions, and sesame seeds into the slow cooker, making sure to save some green onions for serving.
- Give all the ingredients a stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir once more after cooking time is done.
- Serve with rice, and top with reserved green onions and sesame seeds.