Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs
Total Time: 4 hrs 10 mins
1 (30 oz) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 lb ground sausage (I used Italian sausage), browned and drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (you cannot make this recipe in a smaller crock pot because it won’t fit). Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with half of the sausage, cheddar and mozzarella cheese, onions, green peppers, and red peppers. Repeat the layers again.
- Beat eggs, milk, and salt and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Pour egg mixture evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
- Top with green onions, salsa, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado- whatever you like!