Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak is one of our favorite comfort foods. Tender beef patties simmered in rich brown gravy with mushrooms and onions. This is perfect served over mashed potatoes, rice or pasta!
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (low sodium)
- 1 oz package brown gravy mix (dry)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place mushrooms & onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine beef patty ingredients and form 6 patties. Brown over medium high heat (about 3 minutes per side).
- Layer beef patties over mushrooms. Combine remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch. Pour over beef and cook on low 5 hours.
- Once cooked, remove patties and set aside.
- Turn slow cooker onto high. Combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir into the broth and let cook a few minutes until thickened. Add beef back into the sauce to coat.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.