Risotto is a cheap and hearty meal the whole family will love. If you’re into meat and want to make it even heartier – feel free to add some beef strips or similar. We’ve kept it pretty simple here to keep it inexpensive.
- ¼ c. olive oil, plus a little extra
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1¼ c. arborio rice
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 3¾ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ c. grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tbs. heavy cream
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a saute pan and over medium heat saute the shallots until they are translucent.
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with olive oil.
- Add the
sautedshallots and oil to the slow cooker.
- Then, add the rice and coat with shallot/oil mixture.
- Add ¼ c. of wine and chicken broth.
- Add the salt and thyme and stir ingredients together.
- Place cooker on slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed into
- minutes before the rice is done, sauté mushrooms in sauté pan with 1tbsp. of olive oil and ¼ c. of white wine.
- Stir cream and cheese into
slowcooker and stir. Let the mixture heat for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with mushrooms on top.