1 (26-ounce) jar prepared pasta sauce
1 (10-ounce) box lasagna noodles (I like tinkyada brown rice)
1 (11-ounce) container pesto (or by all means, make your own!)
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 (12-ounce) bag baby spinach
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/4 cup water
- Use a 4 or a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Put a spoonful of pasta sauce (about 1/4 cup) into the bottom of your cooker and swirl it around. This is your first layer.Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (you’re going to have to break them to make a layer).
- Smear ricotta cheese and pesto onto the noodles.
- Add a handful or two of baby spinach, and top with a layer of Parmesan and slice mozzarella cheeses.
- Repeat layers until you’ve run out of ingredients: sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese, spinach, mozzarella cheese, sauce, etc etc etc
- The spinach is fluffy, so you’re going to have to squish it down to make it all fit.
- Before closing the pot, put 1/4 cup of water into the empty pasta sauce jar and close and shake.
- Pour this saucy water over the top of everything.
- Now cover up and cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for about 3 to 4.
- You’ll know it’s done when the top layer begins to brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. It will also pull a bit away from the sides.
- Taste-test a noodle to check texture.
- Uncover, and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.