Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole. This quick and easy to put together breakfast can cook in the slow cooker overnight while you’re sleeping!!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 8 hr
Total Time: 8 hr 5 min
1 16 ounce package pork sausage
1 lb bag frozen hash browns (used diced hash brown potatoes)
1/2 yellow onion diced
1 green bell pepper diced
1 red bell pepper diced
1 and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Once the sausage is fully cooked remove from the skillet and place onto a plate covered with a paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and press to remove as much grease as possible.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer the diced hash browns (still frozen) the diced onion and bell pepper and the cooked sausage and cheddar cheese in the slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl mix the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker over the other ingredients.
- Set to cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.