1-1/2 pounds ground chuck
1 egg, beaten
1¼ cups Progresso Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
1- 28ounce can Hunt’s crushed tomatoes with basil
1 small can Hunt’s tomato paste
¼ cup of olive oil
2 teaspoons of salt (more to taste)
1 teaspoon of cracked pepper (more to taste)
1 package of Kraft shredded mozzarella
1 package of kaiser rolls
- In your slow cooker, combine paste, crushed tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together ground chuck, egg, breadcrumbs, fresh parsley and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Combine well.
- Divide the meat mixture into 20-26 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in the sauce mixture and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Put about three meatballs on each sub and ladle some of the sauce over the meatballs.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Cool for a minute or two and ENJOY!