Super Tender Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs. Loaded with Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and garlic. They melt in your mouth and are incredibly tender. Simmered low and slow for 4 hours!
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
¼ cup onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
2 (24 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
2 whole bay leaves
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
basil for serving, if desired
Parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- Add beef, pork, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese to a large bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Form into 1 or 2 inch meatballs. I made 24 meatballs.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Broil meatballs on high until browned on each side. About 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker.
- Top with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with basil or parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.