Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 3+ hours
1 ham bone, optional
1 (32 oz.) package low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
3 cups cooked spiral cut ham, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 ribs celery, diced
1 bay leaf
1 sprig rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place cannellini beans and pinto beans in slow cooker and top with diced ham.
- Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery on top of ham and beans, then season with thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Top with bay leaf and rosemary sprig, then pour chicken stock over the top. Optional: add ham bone and stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8.
- Remove ham bone, rosemary sprig and bay leaf, then transfer to serving bowls and serve hot.