Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 pound ground beef
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
2 teaspoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
1 (10-ounce) can Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce, divided
4 9-inch flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced, for serving
1 Roma tomato, diced, for serving
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and remove from heat.
- Stir in black beans, corn, salsa, green chiles, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce, reserving 1/2 cup.
- Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread 1/3 ground beef mixture evenly over the top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers; top with remaining tortilla, enchilada sauce, and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours.
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado, tomato and cilantro, if desired.