2 large carrots , chopped
1 large onion , chopped
4 potatoes , chopped
2 16 oz cans of corn (drained) OR one small 10-12oz bag of frozen corn
2 16 oz cans of creamed corn
4 cups of water OR chicken broth
1 lb bacon , cooked and crumbled
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons of butter (optional)
- Place everything except for the evaporated milk, cornstarch and butter or margarine into the slow cooker.
- Add just enough water or chicken stock to cover the ingredients.
- Cook on high 5 hours or low 7-8 hours until vegetables are softened.
- Combine cornstarch and evaporated milk. Stir into slow cooker along with butter 30 minutes before serving,
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.