Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 7 hrs
51 ounces ocean clams (3 lbs, large can)
46 ounces ocean clam juice (large can)
1⁄2-3⁄4 lb salt pork
1 large white onion, chopped fine
2 bay leaves
3 -4 large potatoes, peeled and cube
3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups half-and-half
4 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a skillet saute the salt pork(cut into cubes).
- Add chopped onions last few minutes and fry with pork.
- Put all ingredients in a 6 qt crock pot EXCEPT milk and corn starch.
- Cover and cook approximately 6-7 houirs in a slow cooker.
- During the last half hour mix cold half and half with the corn starch.
- add to crock pot slowly mixing well.
- Cook for another half hour.
- Goes well with white wine and French bread.