Save time/effort and make everyone’s FAVORITE Italian dish in your crockpot. You can also freeze half for another meal!
Total time: 4 hrs 40 mins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hrs 30 mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz. uncooked pasta
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Place chicken, spices, garlic, crushed tomatoes, and water in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, medium for 6, or low for 8.
- Shred chicken.
- Add pasta and mix in well so that the pasta is covered in the liquid.
- Cover and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Add the cheese on top and close the lid and let it melt (this should take another 10 minutes).
- While the cheese is melting, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix well into the oil. Cook for a few minutes until the breadcrumbs are crispy.
- Serve and top with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.