Made right in the crockpot! So hearty, comforting and soothing. Perfect during the cold weather or fighting off a cold!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 8 hrs 30 mins
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
8 cups chicken stock
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 bay leaves
8 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken stock, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks.
- Stir pasta and chicken into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately.