Total Time: 45 mins
2 teaspoons minced or chopped garlic
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 6 oz. jars sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup sweet marsala wine
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Spray 4 to 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid cooker. Increase setting to HIGH; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH heat setting 5 minutes or longer until chicken is hot.
- To serve, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.