Grab a napkin! Slow Cooker Chicken Drummies are fall off the bone tender and exploding with barbecue flavor! My family devours like crazy, thank goodness they are easy and inexpensive!
3 T. brown sugar
1 T. sweet paprika
1 T. smokey paprika
1 T. chili powder
1 T. dry mustard
1 T. ground cumin
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
¼ t. cayenne pepper
¼ t. pepper
½ t. Kosher salt
¼ c. apple juice
4 pounds chicken drumsticks
2 c. barbecue sauce (I like Famous Dave’s)
- Add all the seasonings to a gallon sized zip lock bag. Toss to combine.
- Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Add to zip lock bag and shake to coat with seasoning rub.
- Refrigerate overnight if desired
- Add apple juice to the bottom of slow cooker. Place drumsticks in slow cooker. Drizzle with ½ cup barbecue sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- When chicken has finished cooking in slow cooker, lower your oven rack about 12 inches from the broiler element. Preheat oven to to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Set drumsticks in a single layer on baking sheet. Brush with half of the remaining barbecue sauce. I like lots!
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until barbecue sauce begins to caramelize. Watch close so they don’t burn.
- Flip drumsticks over and brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Broil for 3-5 more minutes.
- Grab napkins, you are going to need them!