We love using our slow cookers during the summer months. Our schedules are pretty packed trying to keep the kids busy and entertained. You can put everything in the slow cooker in the morning and have a fun day with the kids, then come home to an amazing dinner! This chicken sandwich is loaded with flavor and the bacon knocks it out of the ballpark!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8 hr
Total Time: 8 hr, 10
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on the size)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese with bacon
- 2 ounces dry ranch dressing mix (2 packets)
- 10 ounces bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 6 rolls or buns (we used onion buns)
- Lightly spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Place your chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the cream cheese, bacon cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and cooked bacon pieces,and spread over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours. Watch closely so they don’t overcook.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir together well in the slow cooker so chicken is coated well.
- Serve chicken on rolls and top with shredded cheese. Stick under the broiler just until cheese is melted. Watch closely-only takes about 45 seconds.