Slow Cooker Ham is a classic and iconic meal, yet there’s so many variations on this recipe. Here is my go-to for the best Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham ever, easy to make with just 5 ingredients – and so delicious!
- 1/2 spiral ham (unwrap from plastic and discard or save any
flavouringpacket glaze that may come with it
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup brown sugar, split into ¼ c and 3/4 c amounts
- 1 pinch dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Place ham into the slow cooker
- Take ¼ c brown sugar and sprinkle it over the top of the ham
- Pour the reserved juice around the sides of the ham
- Sprinkle half the pineapple over top and around the ham
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours or low for 4.5
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar, dried chili flakes and ground ginger
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture as well as the remaining pineapple chunks over top the ham in the last 30 minutes of cooking. The reason for this is that the flavours will soften and stay on top of the ham rather than melting into the liquid in the pot.
- Let it cook for the remaining ½ hour