Dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and come home to the delicious smells of dinner ready-to-eat.
Yummy, Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook
5 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup beef tips and broth and ¾ cup brown rice |
1 small onion, sliced
8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb sirloin steak, cut in strips, excess fat trimmed
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup dry red wine + splash for deglazing
2-½ cups fat free beef broth
2 tbsp corn starch + ¼ cup cold water, whisked together
- Place the onions and mushrooms into the bottom of a 4.5 quart slow cooker.
- Then, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Generously season the steak strips with salt and pepper and add them to the hot skillet, and sear the meat on all sides, about 3 minutes; do not cook through.
- Place the meat into the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- Splash a couple tablespoons of red wine into the hot skillet and scrape the bottom to remove any browned meat bits. Add these to the crock pot.
- Season the beef with pepper a second time and add the Worcestershire sauce, red wine, and beef broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Uncover and slowly whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture. Cover and cook on high for another 45 minutes or until the gravy has thickened.
- Serve the beef tips over brown rice (shown), buttered egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.