1/4 cup White Rice Flour Blend
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
2 tablespoons Oven Roasted Garlic Oil or olive oil
1 cup dry red wine (I like to use Shiraz or Cabernet), divided
1 cup baby carrots
4 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
8 button mushrooms, sliced (optional or as tolerated)
1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
1/2 cup Low-FODMAP Beef Broth
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the beef and shake to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown on all sides, making sure to get a nice brown, flavorful crust.
- Transfer the beef to the slow cooker. Deglaze the skillet with 1/2 cup of the wine, scraping up any brown bits. Pour this into the slow cooker. Add the remaining wine, baby carrots, green onions, mushrooms (if using), parsley, broth, bay leaves and thyme to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours. Remove bay leaves and serve.
- Serve over or with your favorite gluten-free pasta, rice or mashed potatoes