Slow Cooker Barbecued Green Beans are sweet and tangy with lots of smoky bbq flavor and bacon. Easy to make using canned green beans
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hrss
8 slices thick-cut bacon
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 (14.5-ounce) cans green beans, drained
- Chop bacon and cook it in a large nonstick pan. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon grease. Add onion to bacon grease left in pan and cook until soft.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ketchup, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Add green beans to a lightly greased 4 to 6 quart crock pot.
- Add onions along with any bacon grease left in pan to crock pot.
- Pour ketchup mixture on top and stir in.
- Sprinkle bacon on top. Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.