This Slow Cooker Barbacoa Recipe has become one of our family favorites. Tender fall apart beef that simmers all day long in flavorful Mexican spices. If you are a fan of Chipotles Barbacoa recipe, you are going to love this recipe. We love to use the Barbacoa for quick and easy tacos. It’s perfect on a corn tortilla piled high with fresh pico de gallo, avocados and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 8 hrs
Total Time 8 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 pounds of good quality boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced cilantro
- Season roast lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat tablespoon of vegetable oil to high, sear roast on both sides.
- Place boneless chuck roast in slow cooker and use seasoning to season on all sides. Add beef broth to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low in slow cooker for 8-9 hours, or until meat is fork tender.
- Once meat is tender, shred in slow cooker and serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of cilantro.