Normally this is not what you picture when you think about enchiladas, right? I’m sharing a super fun twist, stuffing jumbo pasta shells with a yummy chicken enchilada filling! So easy and any leftovers freeze great, too.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
18 jumbo pasta shells, see shopping tip
1 cup onions, chopped
1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and diced (remove skin)
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup fresh corn kernels, from the cob or frozen (about 1 cob)
1 egg white
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 (10-12 oz) jar or can Enchilada Sauce, see shopping tip
½ cup Light Mexican Blend cheese or light cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking dish (about 11X 7 inch) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions, 6-8 minutes, until soft and al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In the meantime, on a microwave safe plate, cook onions in microwave for 2 minutes. In a large bowl, add onions, chicken, cottage cheese, beans, corn, egg white, chili powder, cumin, black pepper and ⅓ cup enchilada sauce. Mix well.
- Stuff each shell with about 3 tablespoons mixture. You should have enough to fill 18 shells. Place shells in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce all over stuffed shells. Sprinkle ½ cup cheese evenly over top of shells.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- This dish freezes great. I like to divide into single serving sizes and freeze for another meal or so.
- Makes 6 servings, each serving 3 shells and a little sauce drizzled on top
Weight Watchers (old points) 6
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 8