This skinny cauliflower macaroni cheese casserole will be ready in 35 minutes time and won’t cause any blood sugar spikes like the traditional recipes. Enjoy this as a side dish or as a topping without any guilt.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 Kosher salt as needed plus ½ teaspoon
- 1 large cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded, plus ½ cup as topping for the casserole
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Boil a large pot of water and season it with salt.
- Spray the baking sheet with a vegetable oil spray.
- Once the water is boiled, add the cauliflower into the pot and allow it to cook until it is crisp and tender. This will take about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a baking dish and set it aside.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and to this add in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in a cup of cheese, pepper, salt and garlic and whisk nicely until the cheese melts for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the stove and pour it over the cauliflower and stir well to combine. Top with the remaining ½ cup of cheese and bake until it is browned and hot for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm