Total Time: 25 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (your choice of heat)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Diet Coke (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ON THIS ITEM)
- 1 lime, juice of, fresh squeezed
- In 12 inch skillet, cook chicken over medium high heat in UNSEASONED pan (do NOT spray with PAM or add any oil or butter).
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chicken will stick a bit to skillet when turning but that is ok.
- Cook till just brown- you want a bit of color.
- Add the entire jar of Salsa and the can of Diet Coke.
- Reduce heat to medium low- and simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, covered.
- Remove lid, turn chicken and continue to simmer until sauce has thickened to desired consistency.
- When ready to serve, squeeze juice from 1 fresh lime over the chicken.
- I serve this over yellow rice (I just add turmeric to my rice when cooking- adds nice bright yellow color!).
- Do not use regular Coke as this will turn out too sweet.
- I promise–you cannot taste the Diet Coke.