Check out this easy-to-do pork recipe you can prepare in a pressure cooker. This dish features tender pork chops served with rich, creamy sauce.
Cook Time: 30 mins
6 pork chops, any kind
2 -3 tablespoons oil
1 1⁄2 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder, or granules
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In pressure cooker, heat oil over medium heat til hot.
- Lightly brown peppered pork chops on both sides, a few at a time, removing as you go onto a plate.
- When all are browned, add water and chicken bouillon to pot.
- Scrape bottom to de-glaze and remove bits from bottom of pan.
- Add chops back to pot.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and heat over medium heat til the regulator starts rocking.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Let pressure drop on it’s own accord.
- When no more steam, carefully open cooker.
- Remove chops to platter, cover to keep hot.
- Whisk in soup and heat over medium-low heat.
- Then whisk in sour cream and heat til just heated through over low heat. Do not boil! Might curdle!
- Stir in parsley.
- Pour sauce over chops.
- *For extra-thick gravy, pour out all but 1 cup bouillon before adding soup and sour cream.
- **Can garnish with more parsley.