Total Time: 25 mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can water
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, raw macaroni, salt and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread and a salad.