3 1/2 pounds sirloin tip roast, trimmed
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 potatoes — peeled and quartered
2 Small onions – sliced
1 Stalk celery — cut in 2″ pieces
1 2 oz jar mushrooms – drained or 1/4 cup mushroom gravy
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup water
- Trim all excess fat from roast
- brown and drain if using chuck or another highly marbled cut.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, the salt and pepper. Coat meat with the flour mixture.
- Place all vegetables except mushrooms in Crock-Pot and top with roast (cut roast in half, if necessary, to fit easily).
- Spread mushrooms evenly over top of roast. Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours.
- If desired, turn to High during last hour to soften vegetables and make a gravy.
- To thicken gravy, make a smooth paste of the 3 tablespoons flour and the water and stir into Crock-Pot.
- Season to taste before serving.
- Serves 4 to 6.