1 box Duncan Hines Classic Golden Butter Cake mix (preferred mix) or Classic Yellow
1/4 C (4 oz.-1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
8-oz. can crushed pineapple in juice, drained (reserve juice to make 1/4 cup)
1/4 C reserved juice of crushed pineapple
1/4 C Malibu Rum (or any light rum)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Pam for baking into a bundt pan. Using an electric mixer, combine cake mix, butter, eggs,
1/4 C reserved juice and 1/4 C Rum, beat at low speed to combine. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Fold in drained crushed pineapple. Pour batter in prepared pan Bake 33-36 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. While cake is
baking, prepare glaze.
- 1/2 C cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
- 1/2 C Malibu rum
- 1/4 C confectioner’s sugar
- Shake cream of coconut can well before measuring. Add cream of coconut to small saucepan and heat just until bubbles form.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum. Set aside. When cake is done baking, set on rack. Use a thin bamboo skewer to poke holes in cake.
- Pour half of glaze over warm cake, letting it soak in.
- When cake is cool, turn onto serving plate. Whisk together remaining glaze with confectioner’s sugar until smooth and drizzle over top of cake.